The African Botanics Eye Contour Gel-Serum is a lightweight, fast-absorbing gel formulation with a high concentration of active ingredients to address signs of aging, puffiness, and dark circles in the delicate eye area.
Eye Contour Gel-Serum / Anti-aging eye serum /
15 ml / .5 oz
Eye Contour Gel-Serum is an energizing and highly concentrated cooling gel-serum that targets the appearance of puffiness, dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles while visibly soothing, tightening and reinforcing the barrier function of the skin for a more youthful appearance.
The powerful combination of Ceramides, Lupine Oligosaccharides, Yeast Beta-Glucan, Vitamin B3, Vitamin C and fucoidan-rich Seaweed extract help plump and deeply moisturize while supporting the synthesis of epidermal elastin production and effectively awakening the eye contour. Caffeine, Arnica, Copper and Dragon’s blood extract help drain, revitalize and activate microcirculation reducing puffiness and dark circles. This age-defying serum provides an instant tightening effect and sinks into skin quickly, making it a perfect base for make-up.
Texture: Thick Gel
Scent: Unscented and EO free
• Fine lines and wrinkles
• Dark circles
• Loss of firmness and elasticity
• Instantly soothes and awakens the under eye area
• Helps reduce the look of puffiness
• Visibly firms and tightens
• Softens the appearance of fine lines/wrinkles
• Provides a cooling and lifting effect
• Oligosaccharides: Obtained from sweet white lupine and alfalfa, rich in low molecular weight glutaminated peptides promote synthesis of epidermal proteins and lipids, limits the trans epidermal water losses and reinforces the barrier function of the skin. By stimulating the lymph drainage, it reduces the swelling caused by the accumulation of interstitial liquids and it reduces the surface of under-eye bags. Tone and firmness are improved thanks to a boosting effect of metabolic synthesis*.
• Yeast Beta-Glucan: A potent skin humectant with plumping capacity as hyaluronic acid and is high in antioxidants. It attracts water to the top layers of skin while decreasing the look of wrinkles, redness, and irritation. Some tests have shown beta-glucan is 20% more hydrating than hyaluronic acid at the same concentration*.
• Niacinamide: Vitamin B3 refines the look of pores, reduces the appearance of discoloration, improves skin resilience, and visibly brightens and fights dullness for a radiant, even-looking skin tone*.
• Ceramides: Reinforce skin’s barrier and increase hydration, giving you plumper, smoother, firmer-feeling skin with fewer visible lines and wrinkles, as well as fewer signs of sensitivity*.
• Fucus Vesiculosus: Bladderwrack extract is known for its strong water-binding properties. When applied topically it restores and maintains moisture levels, preserving your skin smooth, soft and youthful*.
• Caffeine: Researched for its skin-stimulating properties, contains antioxidants and polyphenols protecting the skin from free radical damage*.
• Bulbine frutescens: A unique plant with incredible healing, soothing and moisturizing qualities. It enables the restoration of skin barrier function, reducing sensitization and improving moisture retention*.
• Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate: A stable, water-soluble form of vitamin C that functions as an antioxidant and is potentially effective for brightening an uneven skin tone*.
• Vitamin E: A lipid-soluble antioxidant that is naturally present in the skin. It works together synergistically with Vitamin C to provide 4 x more protection against free radicals, boosting the serum’s overall antioxidant effect to keep skin protected throughout the day*.
• Arnica: Anti-inflammatory extract that has been used topically in both traditional and homeopathic medicines for pain relief and to help with the reduction of bruising and swelling*.
• Dragon Blood: Resin extract helps protect skin cells, calms inflammation while reducing redness and swelling.
• Ferulic acid: A skin soothing agent with powerful radical scavenging properties comparable to Vitamin C. It is used for the treatment of premature skin aging and UV-radiation*.
• Marula Oil: Contains a high antioxidant count and is rich in many skin-benefiting micro-nutrients and essential fatty acids, especially Omega 9. In addition to its protecting and regenerative effects, Marula oil also helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, soothe redness and sensitivity and helps prevent free radical damage. Marula Oil is rich in Tocopherols, Tocotrienols, Flavonoids, Phenolic compounds and Phytosterols - these antioxidants help protect against free radicals and daily environmental stressors*.
* Test performed on ingredient
AM/PM After cleansing, gently apply a small amount (about the size of a rice grain) press under the eyes and across the eyelids extending from the inside out. Pat with fingertips to stimulate microcirculation and to boost radiance. May cause cooling and tingling sensation. Can be stored in the fridge for an even more intense cooling effect.
Caution: Avoid direct contact with eyes. For external use only. Discontinue use if irritation occurs.
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein Oligosaccharides, Yeast Beta-Glucan Extract, Butylene Glycol, Hamamelis Virginia (Witch Hazel) Extract, Niacinamide, Ceramides, Fucus Vesiculosis (Seaweed) Extract, Caffein, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos)* Tea Extract, Cyclopia Genistoides (Honeybush)* Leaf Extract, Bulbine Frutescens* Leaf Extract, Hypoxis Hemerocallidea (African Potatoe)* Extract, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula)** Seed Oil, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitiamin C), Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Schinziophyton Rautanenii (Mongongo)** Kernel Oil, Arnica Cordifolia (Arnica) Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Copper Sulphate, Croton Lechleri (Dragon’s Blood) Resin Extract, Ethoxydiglycol, Glycerin, Ferulic Acid, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. *Organic, **Wild-Harvested, ethically and responsibly sourced. Vegan, Cruelty-Free. Formulated without parabens, phthalates, PEGs, SLSs, mineral oil, petrolatum, palm oil, synthetic colors, synthetic fragrances, animal components and GMOs.
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. For the most complete and up-to-date list of ingredients, please refer to the product packaging.
We are committed to reducing stress on the environment. All our boxes are made from 100% post-consumer paper. Eye Contour Gel-Serum comes in a 100% recyclable glass bottle and aluminum pump. Once you are done with your product, please separate the pump from the bottle before placing it in the recycling bin.
The Eye Contour Gel-Serum is designed to hydrate, brighten, and firm the eye area while reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, and dark circles for a revitalized and youthful appearance.
Gently apply a small amount of the Eye Contour Gel-Serum onto clean fingertips, then lightly tap and massage the product around the eye area, focusing on the orbital bone, until fully absorbed. Use morning and evening for best results.
The eye contour area refers to the delicate skin surrounding the eyes, including the upper and lower eyelids, and the area extending to the orbital bone or the edge of the eye socket.
Incorporate the Eye Contour Gel-Serum into your skincare routine after cleansing and applying toner but before using moisturizer or facial oil. Apply the gel serum both in the morning and evening for optimal results.
Yes, the Eye Contour Gel-Serum is safe to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding, but we always recommend consulting with a qualified physician or medical professional if you are pregnant or nursing.
Yes, the formula is free from parabens, phthalates, PEGs, SLSs, mineral oil, petrolatum, palm oil, synthetic colors, synthetic fragrances, animal components and GMOs.
3-4 months and for best results used consistently.
Yes, the Eye Contour Gel-Serum is vegan.
Yes, it is free from fragrance and essential oils.
Eye gel is specifically formulated for the eye area. While it won’t harm the skin if applied to other areas of the face, it’s best to use eye creams for the purpose they were specifically designed for nourishing and improving the delicate skin around the eyes.