The difference between facial treatment essence and face toner
Facial treatment essence and face toner are often categorized as the same solution. However, there are key differences between the two.
A skincare toner and a facial treatment essence both work to refine the skin and balance the pH level but an essence works harder. In addition to restoring the skin’s acid / alkaline equilibrium an essence can also offer hydrating, brightening, exfoliating and detoxification benefits.
Similar to a skin care toner, an essence also helps prepare the skin to best absorb other skincare products.
Amplify skincare results with an African Botanics essence
Adding an African Botanics facial treatment essence can amplify the results of all regimes. Think of an essence as an extra delivery of active ingredients and nutrients slipping effortlessly into your routine.
Our selection of essences offer benefits including:
- Promote a healthy skin flora and pH balance
- Plump and rehydrate skin
- Help clarify and clear congestion
- Soothe and cool reactive
- Tones and detoxifies the skin
- Brighten and improve texture
- Guard against environmental stress
How to layer skin care toner, essence and serum
As a general rule, skincare is layered in order of weight; the lightest (thinnest) products are applied first followed by heavier formulations.
After cleansing, apply your face toner first (if you use one) and then an African Botanics facial treatment essence across face, neck and décolleté. Refer to the application technique on each product description for further guidance.
Following the essence, apply serum then moisturizer and finally face oil.
Nurture your visage with active ingredients enhanced by advanced chemistry
Discover the merits of biodynamic ingredients enhanced by molecular science to deliver incredibly soft, clarified, revitalized skin.
Our high performance facial treatment essences deliver even more than your best skin care toner and formulated with unique key ingredients including:
- Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein: Encourages improved barrier function
- Helichrysum Stoechas Oligosaccharides: Promotes the regeneration of collagen fibers
- Yeast Beta-Glucan: A potent humectant which rivals hyaluronic acid in its hydrating ability
- Resurrection Plant: An intensive bio-extract to nourish the skin cells and contributes to skin regeneration
- Bulbine Frutescens: Restores barrier function, reduces sensitivity and improves moisture retention
- Kigelia: Protects against UV stress and possesses skin tightening abilities
Deeply committed to ethical trade, we place a strong emphasis on sustainable harvesting and responsible sourcing. We nurture lasting relationships with reputable local producers in South Africa and around the world.... read less