The African Botanics Mineral Cleansing Mask is a clay based treatment designed to clarify and revitalize dull, congested skin without irritation or dehydration, encouraging a clearer, brighter complexion.
Mineral Cleansing Mask / Purifying Clay Mask with Niacinamide /
50 ml / 1.7 oz
Mineral Cleansing Mask is packed with cutting-edge plant stem cell biotechnology, niacinamide, lactic acid, essential minerals and unique botanicals. This clay-based treatment clarifies and revitalizes dull, congested skin without irritation or dehydration. Specifically designed to help with pollution, skin congestion, redness and uneven skin tone with advanced age defying actives, nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Texture: Light mousse
• Absorbs pollution and clears pores
• Reduces excess oil production
• Speeds healing of blemishes
• Soothes and tightens skin
• Helps brighten and even skin tone
• Kaolin - absorbs toxins, impurities and gently clears pores. Reduces the appearance of surface redness, without over-drying the skin.
• Avocado: Rich in fatty acids, Avocado oil has been used for its soothing and nourishing effect on the skin. It provides essential phospholipids to nourish dry and dehydrated skin*.
• Niacinamide: Vitamin B3 refines the look of pores, reduces the appearance of discoloration, improves skin resilience, and visibly brightens and fights dullness for a radiant, even-looking skin tone*.
• Marula Oil: Nourishes, soothes redness, maintains hydration, and leaves the skin feeling exceptionally soft*.
• Resurrection Plant: Clinical studies confirm that a combination of the polyphenolic tannin, 3,4,5-tri-O-galloylquinic acid, and a disaccharide (Trehalose) is responsible for the activation of rapid hydration and protection of the skin against desiccation. Trehalose is associated with anhydrobiosis which is the ability of plants to withstand extended periods of desiccation due to high water retention capabilities. Extreme summer and winter conditions combined with environmental factors often dehydrate the skin, negatively affecting condition, skin radiance and cell regeneration. Resurrection Plant is a clinically proven solution for the prevention of dermal water loss, dry dull skin, epithelial cell mortality and visible wrinkling*.
• Globularia Cordifolia: Stem cell culture helps reduce the level of pro-aging agents and local micro-inflammation in the skin. It decreases skin redness and enhances natural skin glow. Globularia cordifolia ferment, i.e. heart–leaved globe daisy, acts like skin’s “bodyguard” to help defend against environmental stressors due to its natural ability to withstand harsh environmental conditions*.
• Lactic Acid: Hydrates and exfoliates the surface layers of the skin, revealing a more clarified, fresher, smoother, younger-looking complexion*.
• Zinc PCA: Helps to balance oil while providing hydration*.
• Copper: Antioxidant, stimulates collagen production*.
• Rooibos: A source of potent antioxidants, alpha hydroxy acid and the enzyme superoxide dismutase. It is rich in vitamin D, zinc, manganese, calcium and magnesium. Rooibos has been proven to be anti-allergenic and is known to help skin conditions such as inflammation, rashes, acne, eczema and dermatitis*.
• Cape Rose Geranium: Known to create a balance between oily and dry skin by balancing the production of sebum.
• Rose: Contains vitamins and antioxidants that help moisturize dry skin. Its astringent properties help tighten pores and reduce redness and inflammation due to distended capillaries.
* Test performed on ingredient
After cleansing/exfoliating, apply a thinlayer to clean skin using fingertips, avoiding the eye area. Relax and allow the mask to work for 5-15 min. Add warm water and lightly massage using a circular motion to gently exfoliate. Indulge 2 - 3 times a week depending on your skin’s needs.
Aqua (Water), Kaolin, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Glycerin (Vegetable), Niacinamide, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula)** Seed Oil, Methylpropanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenylpropanol, Cetyl Alcohol, Myrothamus Flabellifolius (Resurrection) Plant, Glyceryl Stearate, Adansoania Digitata (Baobab)** Oil, Globularia Cordifolia Ferment Callus Culture Extract, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Zinc PCA, Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Pelargonium Graveolens Roseum (Cape Rose Geranium) Leaf Oil, Citronellol*, Limonene*, Rosa Damacena (Rose) Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Copper Sulphate, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Sodium Phytate, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Tea Leaf/Stalk Extract, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, CI 50420, Geraniol*, Methyl Eugenol*.
*Components of natural essential oils. **Wild-Harvested, ethically and responsibly sourced. Vegan, Cruelty-Free. Free of parabens, phthalates, PEGs, SLSs, mineral oil, petrolatum, palm oil, synthetic colors, synthetic fragrances, animal components and GMOs.
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. To confirm that African Botanics product is suitable for your personal use, please consult the list of ingredients that is included on our product packaging.
We are committed to reducing stress on the environment. All our boxes are made from 100% post-consumer paper. Mineral Cleansing Mask comes in a 100% recyclable high-gloss tube and screw cap. Once you are done with your product, please separate the cap from the tube before placing it in the recycling bin.
Using the Mineral Cleansing Mask once or twice a week is recommended for optimal results. However, the frequency may vary depending on your skin type and specific needs.
Yes, gently rinse your face with lukewarm water to remove the mask, then follow with your regular skincare routine.
Clay masks like the Mineral Cleansing Mask help draw out impurities, absorb excess oil, and refine the skin's surface for a smoother, more even complexion.
Yes, the Mineral Cleansing Mask is beneficial for Normal, combination, and oily skin. The mask is specifically formulated to address concerns skin congestion, redness, uneven skin tone, and pollution. With its hydrating properties, the mask is also suitable for dry skin.
The Mineral Cleansing Mask contains Kaolin clay works by absorbing excess oil and drawing out impurities from deep within the pores to tackle congestion and micro-particles of pollution. Skin is left clean, refreshed, and matte without drying it out. Kaolin clay is gentle and well-suited to all skin types, including sensitive skin. The mask also contains other actives, nutrients, vitamins and minerals to brighten, tighten, and soothe.
5 - 15 minutes. Following cleansing or exfoliating, use your fingertips to apply a thin layer of the mask onto clean skin, steering clear of the eye area. Allow the mask to take effect for 5-15 minutes. Introduce warm water and gently massage in circular motions for a mild exfoliation. Depending on your skin’s needs, use the mask 2-3 times weekly.
Yes. The Mineral Cleansing Mask can help clear acne and congestion by reducing excess oil, unclogging pores, and removing impurities that contribute to breakouts. The mask can also speed up the healing of acne blemishes and marks.
Yes, clay masks expire. Always check the product's packaging for the expiration date and store it according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
Apply a thin, even layer of the Mineral Cleansing Mask to clean, dry skin, avoiding the eye area. Leave on for 10-15 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water.
To remove the clay mask, rinse your face with lukewarm water and use gentle circular motions to loosen and dissolve the mask - avoid tugging or pulling at the skin. Complete a final rinse of your face to remove any trace of the mask and then continue with your regular skincare routine.
Use the Mineral Cleansing Mask after cleansing and before applying toner, serum, or moisturizer. Incorporate it once or twice a week, depending on your skin's needs.
Yes, the Mineral Cleansing Mask is gender neutral.
Yes, but we recommend consulting with a qualified physician or medical professional if you are pregnant or nursing.
No additional fragrance is added to the formula, the delicate scent of the mask comes from essential oils of Rose, Rose Geranium and Tangerine.