Baobab is a botanical oil extracted from the fruit seeds of the Baobab Tree. It is a nutrient-rich oil that is high in vitamins A, D, and E, as well as essential fatty acids.
Baobab Clay Oxygenating Cleanser / Detoxifying Balancing Cleanser /
100 ml / 3.4 oz
Skin balancing, water soluble facial cleanser that eliminates impurities and unclogs pores without over-drying or irritating with pH 4.88. Designed to help regulate sebum production leaving skin with a soft matte finish while calming the epidermis and reducing redness.
Texture: Silky creamy-gel
• Draws out impurities and pollutants
• Hydrates while it purifies
• Tones and refines skin
• Evens out skin’s tone
• Baobab Fruit: Baobab has the highest antioxidant content of any fruit. Baobab fruit has twice the antioxidants gram per gram of goji berries and more than blueberries and pomegranates combined. Targets discoloration, and helps minimize the look of fine lines while providing protection from free radicals*.
• Clay: refines pores and accelerates healing of acne and blemishes. Removes excess oil and reduces pore size.
• Marula Oil: Contains a high antioxidant count and is rich in many skin-benefiting micro-nutrients and essential fatty acids, especially Omega 9. In addition to its protecting and regenerative effects, Marula oil also helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, soothe redness and sensitivity and helps prevent free radical damage. High levels of Omega 9 - Oleic Acid (80%), palmitic and stearic fatty acids are critical for rapid penetration – meaning this oil sinks in quickly to promote intense repair and seal in precious moisture. Marula Oil is rich in Tocopherols, Tocotrienols, Flavonoids, Phenolic compounds and Phytosterols - these antioxidants help protect against free radicals and daily environmental stressors*.
• Aloe Ferox: Wild grown on the rocky slopes in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Cape Aloe has a higher level of the vital polysaccharides and is 20 times more potent than the aloe vera. Cape Aloe stimulates normal lymphocytes and possesses enzymes which stimulate the growth of new cells*.
• Jasmine: Provides a mood-enhancing scent and is a natural astringent with antimicrobial benefits.
• Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate: A stable, water-soluble form of vitamin C that functions as an antioxidant and is potentially effective for brightening an uneven skin tone*.
• African potato: A medicinal plant in the Hypoxidaceae family. It contains a high concentration of plant sterols. Researchers have found that plant sterols greatly enhance the functioning of T-cells, which control and regulate the immune system, and possess potent anti-inflammatory properties similar to cortisone, but without the side-effects. African potato also contains active antimicrobial and antioxidant-rich compounds which help to purify and protect the skin*.
• Star anise: Contains anethole which is extremely effective in detoxifying the skin. It also contains tannins which help tone the skin by strengthening the muscles' firmness, preventing sagging.
• Kigelia: Rich in antioxidants including flavonoids, steroidal saponins, phytosterols and quercetin. These antioxidants protect skin against damage caused by UV radiation and can inhibit some enzyme functions. Kigelia extract has proven skin tightening and firming properties, while reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
* Test performed on ingredient
AM / PM. Massage onto damp face, neck and decollete, using light circular movements for 1 minute concentrating on areas of congestion. Remove with a warm, damp face cloth or rinse well with water. Repeat as needed. Follow with African Botanics essence, serums/face oil and moisturizer.
Aqua (Water), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Glycerin (Vegetable), Adansonia Digitata (Baobab)** Fruit Powder, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula)** Seed Oil, Aloe Ferox (Aloe) Leaf Extract, Nylon-12 Fluorescent Brightener 230 Salt, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Jasmine Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Bentonite (White Clay), Hypoxis Hemerocallidea (African Potatoe) Extract, Citris Sinensis (Orange) Oil, Illicium Verum (Anise) Oil, Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Kigelia** Africana Fruit Extract, Propanediol, Citric Acid, Parfum (Natural), Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
**Wild-Harvested, ethically and responsibly sourced. Vegan, Cruelty-Free. Free of parabens, phthalates, PEGs, SLSs, mineral oil, petrolatum, palm oil, synthetic colors, synthetic fragrances, animal components and GMOs.
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. To confirm that African Botanics product is suitable for your personal use, please consult the list of ingredients that is included on our product packaging.
We are committed to reducing stress on the environment. All our boxes are made from 100% post-consumer paper. Baobab Clay Oxygenating cleanser comes in a 100% recyclable high-gloss tube and screw cap. Once you are done with your product, please separate the cap from the tube before placing it in the recycling bin.
Yes, baobab oil is excellent for the face, particularly for dry and dehydrated skin. It helps to nourish and hydrate the skin while also improving its overall texture and appearance.
Double cleansing is a two-step process that involves first using an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup, dirt, and other impurities, and then following up with a water-based cleanser to deep clean the pores. Apply the oil-based cleanser to your dry face and massage it gently for about 30 seconds. Then, rinse your face with warm water and follow up with the Baobab Clay Oxygenating Cleanser, which is a water-based cleanser.
Apply a small amount of cleanser to damp skin and massage it in, using circular motions for 1 minute. Pay extra attention to areas of congestion and rinse it off with warm water or remove with a warm, damp face cloth.
The two terms are often used interchangeably. However, a cleanser is usually a more gentle, moisture promoting formula designed to remove impurities and maintain an optimal moisture / water balance while a face wash is usually a foaming, soap-based formula targeting excess oil. Face washes can be too strong for some skin types
Yes, Baobab Clay Oxygenating Cleanser expires 2 years from opening. Expired cleansers can lose their efficacy and may irritate the skin.
Yes. Cleansing your face in the morning is important as sebum can build-up overnight and contribute to congestion, especially if you have oily or acne-prone skin.
Cleanse your face twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening with a face cleanser suited to your skin type.
Massage a small amount of the cleanser onto your damp / wet face, neck, and décolleté using light circular motions for about one minute. Concentrate on areas of congestion, such as the nose and chin. After massaging the cleanser into your skin, rinse it off thoroughly with warm water or a damp face cloth.
Leave Baobab Clay Oxygenating Cleanser on your face for up to one minute.
Both remove impurities from the skin but a cleanser is usually more gentle than a face wash with moisture-promoting, barrier- maintaining properties.