Buchu Botanical Enzyme Polish / Clarifying Exfoliant /
100 ml / 3.4 oz
Clarifying facial polisher with a powerful combination of physical and enzymatic exfoliation. This gentle polish deeply exfoliates, lifts off dead skin cells and purifies the epidermis to leave skin immaculately clean, soft and radiant without causing irritation. A unique combination of sun dried aromatic Buchu plant and crushed Baobab fruit sourced from the southern tip of Africa are merged with healing Micro-Algae and fine granules of ancient volcanic minerals to visibly refine texture and soften the look of fine lines and dark spots by buffing away dull skin. For sensitive skin, this facial polish can be used as a luxurious mask/peel.
Texture: Gel infused with exotic fruit enzymes, pumice and crushed plant elements.
• Dullness and uneven texture
• Non-inflamed breakouts
• Clogged pores
• Hyperpigmentation (UV, hormonal and Post-inflammatory)
• Gently exfoliates
• Reduces the appearance of enlarged pores
• Clarifies, brightens, evens skin tone
• Preserves moisture balance
• Buchu: Rich in Camphor, Diosphenol, Mucilage, Diosmin and Pugelone. Highly antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and is a powerful detoxifier. Boosts skin cell regeneration and provides optimum therapeutic benefits for all skin types including reactive and blemish-prone skin*.
• Baobab Fruit: Baobab has the highest antioxidant content of any fruit. Baobab fruit has twice the antioxidants gram per gram of goji berries and more than blueberries and pomegranates combined. Targets discoloration, and helps minimize the look of fine lines while providing protection from free radicals*.
• Lactobionic Acid: A part of the PHA family (polyhydroxy acids) and is non-irritating. This patented ingredient is known as a Bionic Acid and is derived from natural sugars. It helps to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, discoloration, enlarged pores and roughness through gentle exfoliation. Lactobionic acid is a potent antioxidant that has been shown to target naturally-occurring, skin degrading enzymes to help maintain a youthful look*.
• Papaya and Pineapple: Fruit enzymes provide chemical exfoliation, breaking down the glue that holds dead, dulling skin cells together. Unlike chemical acids that have the potential to burn or weaken your protective barrier, these enzymes are unlikely to inflame, irritate or damage skin*.
• Pumice: Volcanic minerals included for physical exfoliation that help reveal dramatically smoother and softer skin*.
• Micro-algae Extract: Acts as a natural cell detoxifier by providing cellular exfoliation that brightens the skin*.
• Kigelia: Contains antioxidants, including a bioflavonoid called quercetin. It activates the skin’s oxygenation and blood circulation while protecting all skin layers from free radicals. Kigelia’s primary compound is kigelin, an extraordinary protein, enhancing the activity of the cells that produce collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid in the skin.
• Aloe Ferox: Rich in antioxidants, vitamins (A, C and B12) as well as bradykinase, an enzyme that reduces inflammation when applied to the skin.
• Rooibos: Rich in polypehnols, flavonoids, phenolic acids, oligosaccharides, and polysaccharides. Rooibos has been thoroughly researched as an active free-radical scavenger and is a source of alpha hydroxy acid, copper, zinc, magnesium and vitamin D*.
* Test performed on ingredient
Apply a small amount as desired and gently massage in a circular motion onto wet face, neck and decollete. Leave on for 2-3 minutes to allow the enzymes to activate. Rinse thoroughly with warm water. Use as often as needed. For sensitive skin, mix a small amount with Baobab Clay Oxygenating Cleanser or use a thin layer for 5 minutes as an enzyme mask.
Aqua (Water), Carica Papaya Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Pumice, Glycerine (Vegetable), Butylene Glycol, Agathosma Betulina (Buchu) Leaf Powder, Corn Starch, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula)** Seed Oil, Kigelia Africana** Fruit Extract, Propanediol, Maltodextrin, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Tea Leaf Extract, Mel (Honey) Extract, Aloe (Aloe Ferox) Leaf Extract, Adansonia Digitata (Baobab)** Fruit Extract, Lactobionic Acid, Citrus aurantium bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Spirulina Maxima (Micro-Algae) Powder, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium)* Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene*, Linallol*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*.
*Components of natural essential oils. **Wild-Harvested, ethically and responsibly sourced. Vegan, Cruelty-Free. Free of parabens, phthalates, PEGs, SLSs, mineral oil, petrolatum, palm oil, synthetic colors, synthetic fragrances, animal components and GMOs.
Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. To confirm that African Botanics product is suitable for your personal use, please consult the list of ingredients that is included on our product packaging.
We are committed to reducing stress on the environment. All our boxes are made from 100% post-consumer paper. Buchu Botanical Enzyme Polish comes in a 100% recyclable high-gloss tube and screw cap. Once you are done with your product, please separate the cap from the tube before placing it in the recycling bin.